Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What is your calling?

At the international high school I worked at when I first begin my career in college counseling, the entire counseling department (social/emotional and college) would come together to put on a transitional meeting for the seniors before they went off to college.  The highlight of that meeting was always a speech by Dan Long, a TCK who grew up in Taiwan and was now working at the American School as a PE teacher.  He talked a lot about his father who was a doctor and had been offered a high paying position at an American hospital but felt called as a missionary to Taiwan to work with the Aboriginal people.  His whole speech centered on finding a calling in life.

This picture has been circulating on Facebook and it reminded me of Dan Long and his amazing speech.  Thought I would share!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment